Monday, March 29, 2010

Challenge #6: Gluten Free Scones

I have been on a quest to make the perfect scone. I know

for most of you this is probably not the most exciting thing

in the world, but for me...love scones. One of my favorite

baked goods!!! And going gluten free, as you know by now,

poses a challenge for those of us who love baked goods.

Well, I was determined to get the scone right. I found one

recipe that was pretty close, but just not quite the right texture.

So here is what happened during this challenge.

Challenge #6: Gluten Free Scones

Goal: To perfect the gluten free scone!!!

Results: I am extremely happy to announce I perfected

the gluten free scone!!!! I did try another the day before, but

I don’t have any pictures because I didn’t have my camera

near. But, that recipe was no good!! So, I was pretty discouraged

the other day. I thought maybe the recipe I was currently using

was as good as it was going to get. But, I decided to try one

last time for a recipe online. So, I start really reading the recipe

and realized that this one wasn’t gluten free and the there was

a link to the gluten free version. This made me very skeptical,

but the picture for the gluten free ones still looked pretty good.

So, I decided to give it a go. Hallelujah!!! Angels were singing,

a light from heaven was shining down on the those beautiful

scones! I knew after just 5 minutes in the oven that these were

going to be a lot better than the ones before, but I really needed

to tear one apart and eat it.

They tasted great, the texture was perfect, and they were even

perfect the next day. Here’s what they looked like...and Hannah

and Kenzie loved them!! I’m having to ration them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment