Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meal Planning for most of January


Hey Peeps,

Thought I'd start sharing my meal planning again.
Dropped off there for a bit, but trying to get back
to saving money!!! Reality check after the holidays!

Mock Baked Ziti: GF noodles (cooked), cottage cheese,
homemade meat sauce, parmesan cheese & other
cheese I had on hand.
Throw it all in a 9x13 & bake at 350 for 20-30...or until
everything is melted and guey.
South Western Chicken: Great crock pot meal!!!
Chicken breasts or thighs, salsa, black beans, corn &
I made rice. So good!! & so simple!!
Gone All Day Dinner: This is kinda like a beef stew, but
with wild rice in it. Pretty good, but the rice didn't cook
all the way. So next time I'll make it separate or use
already cooked rice.
Pupusas: Ok, so I wasn't sure how this was going to
turn out...but YUMMERS!! Made masa according to bag
directions with a little Olive Oil. Cooked ground meat with
onions, a little taco seasoning & tomatoes. Flattened the
masa with my tortilla pressed, filled with meat mixture,
refried black beans, corn & cheese. Laid one "tortilla" on
top of the other & sealed it shut. Oil electric skillet & slap
those puppies on there. We had avocados, sour cream &
salsa on the side...so good & a lot more filling than I was
expecting!
Roasted Chicken, Chicken & Rice Casserole, Enchiladas,
Chili & Rice, and a ham, scalloped potatoes.
So far a good start to the month :) I'll let you know how
the rest of the month goes :) Hopefully I've added something
to your menu! Let me know if you'd like any of these recipes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment